This e-book is superb, yet little old-fashioned. Cisco has published many new in addition to software program instant know-how. i like to recommend "Managing and Securing a Cisco® dependent Wireless-Aware community" that is the up-to-date model.
Read or Download Building a Cisco Wireless LAN PDF
Best protocols & apis books
* a simple, sensible advisor to instant networks, which permit clients to roam wireless-enabled destinations with out being limited via cables* exhibits step-by-step what it takes to plot a instant community, set it up, make it paintings, and continue it secure* alongside the way in which, professional authors Davis and Lewis clarify the way to practice a domain survey and discover concerns reminiscent of selecting the best common, mode, entry aspect, channel, and antenna* Explains how you can set up consumers, manage roaming, and shield opposed to hazards and threats reminiscent of conflict using, jamming, hijacking, and man-in-the-middle assaults* includes invaluable details on IEEE instant criteria, safeguard vulnerabilities, management instruments, and areas to attach whereas at the street
The algebraic direction challenge is a generalization of the shortest course challenge in graphs. a number of situations of this summary challenge have seemed within the literature, and related recommendations were independently came across and rediscovered. The repeated visual appeal of an issue is facts of its relevance.
CWNA advisor TO instant LANS, third version provide you with the conceptual wisdom and hands-on talents had to paintings with instant expertise in a community management setting in addition to go the qualified instant community Administrator (CWNA) examination. The textual content covers basic subject matters, reminiscent of making plans, designing, fitting, securing, and configuring instant LANs.
Complex QoS for Multi-Service IP/MPLS Networks is the definitive consultant to caliber of provider (QoS), with finished information regarding its beneficial properties and advantages. discover a stable theoretical and functional evaluate of ways QoS might be carried out to arrive the company ambitions outlined for an IP/MPLS community.
- Guide to Networking Essentials
- Routing and Switching: Time of Convergence
- Smart Antenna Systems and Wireless LANs
- Virtualization with Xen - Including XenEnterprise, XenServer, and XenExpress
Extra info for Building a Cisco Wireless LAN
Understanding the Fundamentals of Radio Frequency A fundamental understanding of RF is necessary in order to fully understand the world of wireless networking. RF in wireless communications is typically used to describe devices or equipment that use radio waves to transmit images and sounds from one transmission point to one or more reception points. qxd 4/16/02 10:05 AM Page 33 Wireless LAN Overview • Chapter 2 used in WLANs. In the next few sections, we provide a brief history of radio, the RF concepts and terms used, and their place in the technology of WLANs.
Troubleshooting connectivity to a new technology is difficult enough because the new technology is the first to be blamed. On man occasions, problems have been blamed on the wireless network when in fact the wired network and the wiring itself was to blame. Approximately 60 percent of all network problems can be tracked to the physical layer. Don’t let your wired network create havoc in your wireless network. Understanding How Wireless Fits into the OSI System Model Wireless technology, as a networking component, is guided by the same standards processes and organizations defined for all other networking components in the industry.
WEP The WEP field is 1 bit long and is set to 1 if the frame body contains data that has been processed by the WEP algorithm. Frames that have not been processed by WEP have a WEP field value of 0. ■ Order The Order field is 1 bit long and is set to 1 in any data frame that contains data using the StrictlyOrdered service class. All other frames have a value of 0 in the Order field. 11 standard that provides additional protection against out of order frames. This is accomplished by holding any multicast or broadcast traffic that matches addresses for frames that are already queued.
Building a Cisco Wireless LAN by Syngress