By I. Marsic
Read Online or Download Computer Networks - Performance and QOS PDF
Best protocols & apis books
* a simple, functional advisor to instant networks, which enable clients to roam wireless-enabled destinations with no being constrained through cables* indicates step-by-step what it takes to devise a instant community, set it up, make it paintings, and preserve it secure* alongside the best way, professional authors Davis and Lewis clarify how one can practice a website survey and discover matters akin to choosing the right usual, mode, entry element, channel, and antenna* Explains the way to set up consumers, organize roaming, and shield opposed to dangers and threats akin to battle using, jamming, hijacking, and man-in-the-middle assaults* comprises priceless info on IEEE instant criteria, defense vulnerabilities, management instruments, and areas to attach whereas at the street
The algebraic course challenge is a generalization of the shortest course challenge in graphs. a number of situations of this summary challenge have seemed within the literature, and comparable options were independently found and rediscovered. The repeated visual appeal of an issue is facts of its relevance.
CWNA consultant TO instant LANS, third version offers you the conceptual wisdom and hands-on abilities had to paintings with instant know-how in a community management surroundings in addition to cross the qualified instant community Administrator (CWNA) examination. The textual content covers primary subject matters, corresponding to making plans, designing, fitting, securing, and configuring instant LANs.
Complicated QoS for Multi-Service IP/MPLS Networks is the definitive consultant to caliber of provider (QoS), with accomplished information regarding its positive factors and advantages. discover a sturdy theoretical and sensible evaluation of ways QoS might be applied to arrive the enterprise pursuits outlined for an IP/MPLS community.
- Data Communications Pocket Book
- VMware vSphere 4 Administration Instant Reference
- Handbook of Research on Developments and Trends in Wireless Sensor Networks: From Principle to Practice
- Cisco IOS Reference Guide
- Computer Networks: A Systems Approach, Fifth Edition
- Developments in Telecommunications: With a Focus on SS7 Network Reliability
Additional info for Computer Networks - Performance and QOS
If it encounters a special control sequence, say preamble (call it PRE), then it “stuffs” (adds) a control escape sequence ESC into the transmitted data stream, before PRE (resulting in ESC PRE), to indicate that the following PRE is not a preamble but is, in fact, actual data. Similarly, if the control escape pattern ESC itself appears as actual data, it too must be preceeded by an ESC. The method receiveBits() removes any control escape patterns that it finds in the received packet before delivering it to the upper-layer method handle() (Figure 1-14).
The method receiveBits() removes any control escape patterns that it finds in the received packet before delivering it to the upper-layer method handle() (Figure 1-14). The pseudo code in Listing 1-1 is only meant to illustrate how one would write a protocol module. It is extremely simplified and certainly not optimized for performance. My main goal is to give the reader an idea about the issues involved in protocol design. 1. Chapter 1 • Introduction to Computer Networking 21 When Is a "Little in the Middle" OK?
Another important parameter is the round-trip time (or RTT), which is the time a bit of information takes from departing until arriving back at the sender if it is immediately bounced back at the receiver. This time on a single transmission link is often assumed to equal RTT = Ivan Marsic • 28 Rutgers University Sender Receiver Transport layer Send data Receive ACK Network layer Send ACK Link+Phys layer Receive data Network layer Processing delay within network layers Receive packet Send packet Transport layer Processing delay within transport layers Receive packet Send packet Processing and transmission delays within link/physical layers Link+Phys layer Propagation delay (receiver → sender) Propagation delay (sender → receiver) Figure 1-18: Delay components that contribute to round-trip time (RTT).
Computer Networks - Performance and QOS by I. Marsic